Best store design - Drapers Independents Awards
This award recognises an independent retailer with a truly outstanding store design and visual merchandising offer. The winning entry will demonstrate flair, creativity and an excellent use of display units to create a stunning interior design and presentation of product appropriate to the store’s style and clientele. Use of technology and external window displays will also be considered as well as the overall cost of the fit-out and the value that represents. Only one store can be entered for each business. Open to independent multi-brand retailers.
What to include:
- A brief introduction to the store, including its location, how long it has been open, target customer.
- Detail of the store fit process, including the cost, the design ideas, plans and outline of the execution process where possible.
- Evidence that the store fit has helped to drive sales. (Figures are kept strictly confidential.)
- A summary of why your interior sets you apart from your competitors and why you deserve to win.
- At least six images of the store, including the shop front taken from the street, a general shot or shots of the interior, the changing rooms and close-up to demonstrate key pieces of VM.
Criteria against which you will be judged:
- Did the design concept work from conception to execution?
- Does it represent a good investment for the business?
- Is it visually creative and appropriate to its target customer?
- Is the concept innovative – have we seen these ideas before?
- Does the interior make this indie stand out from its competitors?