KIDSWEAR INDEPENDENT OF THE YEAR
This award is open to independent multi-brand kidswear retailers in the UK and Ireland.
Judges will be looking for a strong edit of key kidswear brands appropriate to the target customer, high standards of service, an in-store environment (and online offer, if applicable) that complements the brands on offer, signs of resilience and agility during the pandemic, a strong business plan and buying strategy that ensures the business remains at the top of its game, and evidence of financial success.
The business can either sell only kidswear or a mix of kidswear and other categories but should be able to demonstrate that kidswear makes up considerably more than half of sales.
Criteria against which you will be judged:
- How has the business reacted to the pandemic and its impact?
- Do you offer a brand mix appropriate to your customer?
- Is the shop environment and website (if there is one) appropriate to this market?
- Does your business have a strong business plan and potential for future growth?
- Does it stand out from the competition?