LIFESTYLE INDEPENDENT OF THE YEAR
This award is open to independent multi-brand lifestyle retailers in the UK and Ireland, where fashion is part of the mix, but a significant proportion of sales come from other categories, such as gifts, homewares, cosmetics, fragrances or artwork.
Judges will be looking for a strong edit of categories and key brands appropriate to the target customer, high standards of service, signs of resilience and agility during the pandemic, an in-store environment (and online offer, if applicable) that complements the products on offer, a strong business plan and buying strategy that ensures the business remains at the top of its game, and evidence of financial success.
Criteria against which you will be judged:
- How has the business reacted to the pandemic and its impact?
- Do you offer a category and brand mix appropriate to your customer?
- Is the shop environment and website (if there is one) appropriate to this market?
- Does your business have a strong business plan and potential for future growth?
- Does it stand out from the competition?