Lifestyle independent of the year (including department stores) - Drapers Independents Awards
This is the category for multi-category fashion retailers, such as independent department stores and fashion retailers that also offer a significant selection of lifestyle products, such as gifts, furniture, homewares, cosmetics, fragrances, artwork and so on. The judges will be looking for evidence of how such a varied offer works. Open to independent multi-brand lifestyle retailers.
What to include:
- A brief outline of your business strategy, including location(s), how long it has been open, number of staff, target customer, competition and plan for growth
- Details of your buying strategy, including how new brands are sourced, which shows and showrooms you visit, when buying takes place, the split between forward-order and in-season buying and mix of own-buy and concessions.
- Your turnover and profit figures for the past three years. (This is strictly confidential, and is a requirement of entry)
- A list of your five top brands by sales, indicating any that are own-label, and any that are new for 2017.
- A brief outline of the customer experience/your customer service strategy.
- A summary of what you have achieved in the past 12 months and why you deserve to win.
- At least four images of the store, including the shop front taken from the street, a general shot of the interior, the changing rooms and a close-up to demonstrate the VM.
Criteria against which you will be judged:
- Has this business provided clear evidence of its financial success?
- Does it offer a lifestyle brand mix appropriate to its consumer?
- Is the shop environment and website (if there is one) appropriate to this part of the market?
- Does the business show market-leading business strategy and have good potential for future growth?
- Does this indie stand out from its competitors?