Local champion – NEW FOR 2018 - Drapers Independents Awards
Through this new category, we want to highlight the vitally important role individuals that own or work for independent retailers play in their local communities. If you have supported a charity fundraising campaign over the past 12 months, for example, or championed your local community in some other way, such as offering free educational or advice services, this is for you.
What to include:
- A brief outline of your business strategy, including location(s), how long it has been open, number of staff, target customer.
- At least one example of what you have done over the past 12 months to support the local community, including an explanation of how and why you got involved, and the outcomes.
- Testimonials from third parties involved in the initiative(s).
- Any accompanying imagery you have, in high res.
Criteria against which you will be judged:
- Has this person gone above and beyond to support their local community?
- Did their efforts have a demonstrable impact?
How to nominate:
- If you would like to nominate someone you consider to be a local champion, please email email@example.com and include details of the person, their store and why you think they are eligible for this award.