Most influential on social media – NEW FOR 2018 - Drapers Independents Awards
This award recognises the growing importance of social media when it comes to promoting your business, connecting with customers and driving sales. Judges will be looking for evidence of a focused social media strategy, which is relevant to the audience and balances engagement with promotional content. Open to independent multi-brand retailers.
What to include:
- An outline of your social media strategy, including which channels you operate on, how you use social media to achieve your business aims and objectives, and what your plans are to grow this side of the business.
- A snapshot of the number of followers you have on whichever social media platforms you use, at time of entry. What is the YOY % growth on this time last year? What percentage of your website traffic comes from social media?
- Evidence of interaction levels with and from followers for the year to entry date (such as link clicks from social posts, numbers of likes, comments and shares/reposts).
- At least three examples of how you’ve used social media over the past 12 months to successfully promote your business and/or add value to your conversations with customers. Please include statistics to prove the reach and engagement achieved from these campaigns.
- Have you used paid-for promotions to boost your social reach (such as boosting Facebook posts/page, promoted tweets and Instagram posts), or are your figures organic?
Criteria against which you will be judged:
- Has this business demonstrated that its social media strategy is relevant to its customer base?
- Does it successfully use social media to drive sales? And engagement? Is there an appropriate balance between the two?
- Is the use of social media part of an integrated multichannel strategy?
- Is there potential for future growth?
- Does this indie’s use of social media help it to stand out from its competitors? Has it adopted any innovative new uses of social media to further its reach?