Multichannel independent of the year - Drapers Independents Awards
This award recognises excellence within the online side of an independent retail business. Entrants must operate a physical shop as well as a transactional website. The award is looking for proven commercial success, great use of design and content online, a strong multichannel buying strategy, excellent usability and web traffic, great customer service, a strong brand mix, efficient handling of stock and logistics, and expertise in integrating all aspects of the multichannel operation, including social media. Open to independent multi-brand retailers with at least one bricks-and-mortar store and a transactional website. [Redirect any pureplay etailers to the Drapers Digital Awards]
What to include:
- A brief outline of your online strategy, including how long the website has been in operation, target customer, key content, competition and plan for growth.
- Details of your buying and marketing strategy, including how new brands are sourced, how the product is promoted online, online marketing spend, etc.
- Your turnover and profit figures for the past three years for a) the business as a whole and b) online. (This is strictly confidential, and a requirement for entry.)
- Your online performance figures, including page impressions and unique users plus spend and cost of acquisition.
- Explain how you use social media, and what results you have achieved (number of followers/like, evidence of impact on sales, etc.).
- A brief outline of the customer experience/your customer service strategy online.
- A summary of why you are better than your competitors and deserve to win.
Criteria against which you will be judged:
- Has this indie designed a site that reflects the business and brand portfolio?
- Does it offer good customer service?
- How good is the online experience for the consumer?
- Is the brand selection online appropriate and presented well?
- Does the website show market leading business strategy and have good potential for future growth?
- Does this indie site stand out from its competitors online?