Womenswear independent of the year - Drapers Independents Awards
Recognising an independent retailer serving the womenswear market, this award is looking for a strong edit of key brands appropriate to the target customer, high standards of service, an in-store environment (and online, if applicable) that complements the womenswear brands on offer, a strong business plan and buying strategy that ensures the business remains at the top of its game and strong evidence of financial success. The business can either sell only womenswear or a mix of womenswear and other categories, but should be able to demonstrate that womenswear makes up considerably more than half of sales. Open to independent multi-brand womenswear retailers.
What to include:
- A brief outline of your business strategy, including location(s), how long it has been open, number of staff, target customer, competition and plan for growth
- Details of your buying strategy, including how new brands are sourced, which shows and showrooms you visit, when buying takes place, the split between forward-order and in-season buying and mix of own-buy and concessions.
- Your turnover and profit figures for the past three years. (This is strictly confidential, and is a requirement of entry)
- A list of your five top brands by sales, indicating any that are own-label, and any that are new for 2017.
- A brief outline of the customer experience/your customer service strategy.
- A summary of what you have achieved in the past 12 months and why you deserve to win.
- At least four images of the store, including the shop front taken from the street, a general shot of the interior, the changing rooms and a close-up to demonstrate the VM.
Criteria against which you will be judged:
- Has this indie provided clear evidence of its financial success?
- Does it offer a brand mix appropriate to its customer?
- Is the shop environment and website (if there is one) appropriate to this market?
- Does the business show market leading business strategy and have good potential for future growth?
- Does it stand out from its competitors?